Sunday, September 5, 2010

Travels & Photographs

One of the most important travel essentials is a camera. My family and I have been traveling since I was a baby and we already amassed so many snapshots and photos from all the trips we took through the years. I bought my first digital camera in 2005 and it was a breeze since then to upload, store and document all our travel pictures.

Family Trip to Cebu
One of our recent travels in Cebu, Philippines, last May. This was taken at the Magellan's Cross
Everyone's smiling except for my dad who was already hungry when this photo was taken! Hehe!

My dad, who's very traditional, still prefers the old analog cameras with films since it can be printed easily through developing centers. I, on the other hand, thinks that digital camera is one of the best inventions in modern history. It's very easy to share photos online unlike with hard copies where you will still need photo scanning when you want to upload and share.

Since I'm very much into documenting our travels and vacation days, I recently dug our photo collection and saw a bunch of these:

Old Photos

These are just some samples and I have boxes and boxes of these at home. Aside from family travel photos, I also found so many old pictures, like my baby snapshots from the 70s and highschool pictures from the 90s. I really want to save and preserve all of them in digital formats. I even considered on buying a digital scanner for my photo scanning project but realized that it's a not-so good investment if I am only going to use it once or twice just to scan these old photos. Plus, photo scanning will surely take a lot of time especially if we are talking about more than 1,000++ photo prints.

A little Google and searching led me to PhotoBin, a photo scanning service and digital photo sharing company, that will likely help me in my dilemma. They offer photo scanning service from 1 to 2000+ photos with choice of 300 or 600dpi scanning resolution for as low as $0.10 each.  It's fairly easy to order. All one has to do is fill-out the form online at PhotoBin.com, wait for the photo scan kit and box that will be sent,  put in the box the photos, then send it back to PhotoBin for the actual scan. The scanned photos in CD/DVD and the hard copies will be sent back 2-10 days after the receipt of the photos. This unique web service is truly worth a try. I will read more about it and will really consider on ordering. It's a very good and unique photo scanning service for busy people like me who wants to keep and preserve mementos in a very, very affordable price. Check it out!

0 Comments:

.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggers Community