Monday, July 19, 2010

Western Japanese Food at Tokyo Cafe

This is not only a travel blog, this is also a food blog! Here's my first entry on one of my favorite activities: dining and eating.

The parents and I went to the Franchising 2010 Expo last Saturday at SMX Convention Center. We were in the expo for more than 2 hours so we were pretty tired and famished after we were done scouring for new business opportunities. We went to nearby SM Mall of Asia to look for a place to eat. My dad, who gets cranky when hungry, demanded that we eat at the nearest available place where he can seat, relax and eat good food.


Tokyo Cafe SM Mall of Asia
Tokyo Cafe SM Mall of Asia


I suggested that we dine at Tokyo Cafe, a Japanese restaurant that offers Western food the Japanese way. The concept is quite weird especially if you're used to the usual tempura-sushi-sashimi Japanese restaurants. I've been wanting to try Tokyo Cafe since I first saw it years ago but it was always set-aside for other restaurants at SM Mall of Asia.

The feel of the restaurant reminds me of Pepper Lunch minus the amazing sizzling steaks and pepper rice. It's also a westernized Japanese set-up but specializes on Japanese coffee concoctions and crepes. They also have other food like pizza, salads, pasta and hamburger steaks. My mom ordered Hamburg and Shrimp (Php 268.00 / $ 5.77); and my dad had the plain Hamburg Steak (Php 178.00 / $ 3.83). The food they had were hamburger beef patties served with Tokyo Cafe's signature gravy with some breaded prawns.

I was still full from the food samples at the Franchising 2010 Expo so I just  ordered a simple Light Rice Meal called Omurice, a chicken dish mixed with rice topped with scrambled egg. It's like a tomato-based omelet with rice at the bottom. It was very delicious and I absolutely loved it. Even my mom asked for some when she got to taste it.


Tokyo Cafe's Omurice
Tokyo Cafe's Omurice, Php 135.00 ($2.91)


Tokyo Cafe is worth a try. My parents did not enjoy their burger steaks but they loved my rice meal. My dad was expecting some Japanese tempura and sushi (because of the name of the restaurant) so he was a little bit disappointed. As for me, I would love to go back, drag Witt, and order some more Omurice and a plate of Kani Salad. Their prices is also quite affordable compared to other restaurants with the same food and concept. You'll spend around Php 250.00 ($5.38) per person including drinks.

Tokyo Cafe currently has three branches in Manila. They have one at McKinley Plaza, SM The Block North EDSA, and the one we dined in at SM Mall of Asia.

Tokyo Cafe
SM Mall of Asia
Ground Floor, South Wing
Main Mall Building
Pasay City
Tel No. +632-556-0517
Website: http://www.tokyocafe.com.ph

3 Comments:

noellerweng said...

Hi, Abbie! I love Tokyo Cafe. I've been to their SM North EDSA branch a few times. The only downside: I always had to wait in line coz tables are very limited and the place was almost always full.

Abbie said...

Thanks, Weng!
This is my travel blog which I haven't updated for quite a while. Been busy. :)

My mom also loves Tokyo Cafe!

makati office space said...

The place is good with various dishes to choose from.

.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggers Community